 General / 55043
Re: What I want for Christmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Zecca wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   The head of the PFS group is on holidays presently but I will pass this list on to him in the new year and I’ll pass it through the Ambassadors program now in case that gets different results. I suspect that some of this may be answered and most of it will not (in some cases because it hasn’t yet been decided).

Understandable that some of it may not be answerable right now, but even having access to some of it would help a lot at upcoming shows. Thanks for the help.

I forgot to link to http://www.trains-n-town.com/article.php?story=20080325190555443 which in part answers some of your questions. Railbricks 2 (http://www.railbricks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=43) has some extra info from Steve B. Unfortunately I wouldn’t hold your breath for anything not covered in those articles but I have passed along the questions.

As for what to tell people at shows: just tell them that there’ll be a new train line sometime within the next year or so and that IR and powered track train motors will be compatible with it.

Likewise you could tell them that for large train layouts the new system will be less versatile so if they’re serious about participating in them they should try to stock up on old track and motors too. If they just want to run a few trains around their home then they can easily buy IR trains and add a battery box and sensor later.

Tim