 General / 55044
Re: What I want for Christmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 04:05:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I forgot to link to http://www.trains-n-town.com/article.php?story=20080325190555443 which in part answers some of your questions. Railbricks 2 (http://www.railbricks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=43) has some extra info from Steve B. Unfortunately I wouldn’t hold your breath for anything not covered in those articles but I have passed along the questions.

Thanks for the reminder about Railbricks...I have copies of those PDFs sitting on a hard drive inside a dead desktop PC and had forgotten about them.

   As for what to tell people at shows: just tell them that there’ll be a new train line sometime within the next year or so and that IR and powered track train motors will be compatible with it.

Well, yes, that’s what we’ve been doing...for a few years now. Always looking for something more concrete we can tell them though - release dates, types of sets, etc. Sometimes people see our setup at a show and want to head over to our Twin Cities Lego store on the way home to pick up a train set, which has caused a certain amount of frustration during this hiatus.

Reading between the lines in the first article you linked to, it sounds like Tormod was hinting at a Summer 2009 release, and something late summer would certainly make sense if they want to have the new trains as a big part of next year’s holiday catalog. I think my brain has been loosely remembering having read that article some time ago, which is why I’ve been tending to say “later in 2009” to people at shows.

Hopefully, they’ll be willing to give us a few more details soon, even if it’s just a definite *month* for release and some vagueries about the number of train sets we’ll see released by Xmas 2009. Thanks again for poking them for us.