 General / 5498
Re: windows (strange colored )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:49:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
Larry,  You are indeed correct!

I can't imagine anyone wanting to sell those 10 grey windows.  They are a
part of that Intercity Train set.  Since Paul is new to the group, we
certainly don't want to take advantage of that fact (unless he was well
compensated).  But I'll bet that they would certainly command a premium on
Auczilla or eBay, especially if you Lego Train folks are involved.

And besides, there's not much else to do with those grey windows (besides
train use), since there are so few other grey windows available (mostly
1x4x5 and 1x4x6 - 3 pane).  I'm not sure, but were there ever any grey doors
I'm not positive, but I think one or two may have come in a more recent set. I
am pretty sure they were the 1x4x5s that are almost all glass, with just grey
around the edge.
Greg
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/
made?  Definetely not the 1x2x3 nor the 1x3x4 doors.

But us old time Town folks have always "cast a covetous glance" at some of
the Lego pieces that are unique to the Train system, such as the small grey,
black and yellow windows from the 1970's and 1980's Train sets.

Gary Istok

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I have corresponded with Paul on this.

First off, these 10 windows are indeed from a complete 7740. So I
admonished him that he really should seriously consider NOT trading
these away as they are very hard to come by, but instead should keep his
7740 complete and either sell it complete, or keep it.

Second, if he decides not to take my advice, I have made what I feel is
a quite generous trade offer for these, and I'm prepared to increase it
significantly as my 7740 has some gaps in this area.

Just so you know who you're competing against, people. :-) It's possible
to outbid me but it's gonna cost you a lot of grey.

lugnet.