 General / 54722 (-20)
  Press release for LEGO Collectors Guide

Hi all, You might be interested in the flyer for the LEGO Collectors Guide. No word on US availability as of yet. (URL) Flyer (PDF file)> Enjoy! Tim (URL) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  'Bricks In Motion' a new place ... Brickfilms "The end of a great site"

This may or may not be old news. However, I hope this never happens at any other fan site regarding to with LEGO. Ever wonder what was happening at Brickflims? This really can hurt or even damage the community. Enjoy the (drama)... or reading. (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Brickworld 2008 - Thanks to Everyone

(URL) A HUGE thank you to everyone that participated in Brickworld 2008. Once again, the event was a great success because of your efforts, your donations and your artistic & engineering talents. We never thought we could top the feel of Brickworld (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) Just the same... we even derived an informatic jargon verb, "cliquer". "Click right mouse button" might be translated as "Cliquez sur le bouton de droite de la souris" ;o) Philo (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) Good point. I wonder how a native french speaker would pronounce a word spelled 'CLICK'? Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) However onomatopoeia is generally language specific anyway - how do those crazy frenchmen spell a word that sounds like 'CLICK'? ROSCO (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) I suspect 'CLICK' could be regarded as onomatopoeic, and may bypass multiple language requirements of some markets on that basis. (An exception that may also cover other words such as 'CRASH' mentioned by DaveE). Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 22-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

Hello! (Whoa, first Lugnet post in a very long time.) (...) I don’t own the Millennium Falcon, but I checked the Technic Destroyer Droid that Dave mentioned in the other post. In the instruction booklet the word ”cklick“ is used indeed. I'm pretty (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) This is actually pretty common. Or, the word "Click" is, anyway. I've seen it used here and there in sets, at least since 2000, maybe longer. A quick glance online (actually, it was in the 2nd set I looked at) revealed a "CLICK" in the 8002 (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hispabrick Magazine Issue 1 now Avaliable

(...) Now, the Print On Demand is ready: (URL) this link, you can download it for free in high quality pdf, or buying it in a beautiful printed shape. Hispalug don't earn any money from pdf or printed, just like Railbricks and Lulu: free pdf, or (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) Thanks. It is rather interesting and I'm surprised it was monolingual. Given my understanding that the US and Canada share instructions I thought most North American booklets would include French as well. Perhaps someone with a European 10179 (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) 10179, the word "Click" in a balloon. Actually my granddaughter found it. I wanted to see if anyone else cared - as it excited me no end. I really thought that words were against Lego policy. It is in English, I wonder if it was in other (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a word in Lego instructions

(...) I think in the excitement of discovery you missed out some important information like what set and what page. I'm sure I'm not the only person curious to see this rare occurrence. Tim (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  a word in Lego instructions

I have found one word that is used in a Lego instruction. And I thought that they did not do that and it was against the rules, but there it is. John P (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Brickworld Exhibit Setup Information

(URL) With less than a week to go until the big event, please take note of the following information for setup and takedown: • Location: The Westin Chicago North Shore 601 N. Milwaukee Avenue Wheeling, Illinois 60090 Phone: 847-777-6500 Fax: (...) (16 years ago, 14-Jun-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  LEGO Attendees and Sponsored Events at Brickworld

(URL) Once again this year, The LEGO Group will play a wonderful part in the Brickworld event. This year, we expect 15 LEGO attendees at the event. I have listed their role at LEGO as I understand it wherever possible (I am sorry I don't know (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jun-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  RAILBRICKS Issue 3

(URL) RAILBRICKS Issue 3 has been released. The Tips & Tricks Issue 64 pages (URL) Articles include: •PF Trains + 9v Train Tricks •Creating Wooden Trestle Bridges •RCX (PBricks) and 9v Train Integration •Interview with Swoofty •and much more..... (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Hispabrick Magazine Issue 1 now Avaliable

(...) -snip- (...) VERY COOL, Lluis! Felicidades on an excellent magazine, professionally done with some great articles! (love the alien model!) ..joseph g (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Town Model House 4954

(...) I think LEGO is phasing that model out. I believe this because it has been disappearing from shelves, and now it shows that message you have indicated in shop at home. I would guess the stores had it and maybe still do, if they have stock (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Town Model House 4954

How come LEGO SHOP @ HOME says that the #4954 Town Model House "Sorry, item is not available in this country: United States." yet you can find it on amazon.com? (URL) Does anyone know if the LEGO stores sell this item? Thanks (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact