 General / 54718
Re: a word in Lego instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:28:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
Thanks. It is rather interesting and I'm surprised it was monolingual. Given my
understanding that the US and Canada share instructions I thought most North
American booklets would include French as well.

I suspect 'CLICK' could be regarded as onomatopoeic, and may bypass multiple
language requirements of some markets on that basis. (An exception that may also
cover other words such as 'CRASH' mentioned by DaveE).

However onomatopoeia is generally language specific anyway - how do those crazy
frenchmen spell a word that sounds like 'CLICK'?

Good point. I wonder how a native french speaker would pronounce a word spelled
'CLICK'?

Cheers

Richie Dulin
CO Legeaux