 General / 54077 (-20)
  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) I'm grateful that brickshelf exists, but I still don't see why that should give him a free pass for pulling a stunt like he did. It's simply bad business practice. If that's how he wants to run his business, that's fine, but I won't be a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Hi Dave, Lenny has pretty well summed up my argument (although I'm happy with a slightly larger photo size). On the whole I care less about dimensions and more about Kb wastage. With decent jpeg compression you can have a pretty large pic with (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) No. But I'm struggling with the term "betrayed". People felt understandably upset about losing a wonderful resource like Brickshelf, but the only way I could make sense of that word would be in the context in which I spoke. (...) No (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) (emphasis added) A slight correction: many of us felt upset because being denied to other people's content. I don't use BrickShelf to store my photos online, I use it to keep track of all the amazing MOCs out there. Are you suggesting I am (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Exactly! So, if someone doesn't come along and offer 100s of hours of personal time and $1000s of personal income to create a place like Brickshelf, it never happens, and the community never becomes what it is today. (...) Life is uncertain. I (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) I knew somebody would offer that argument. Sure, Brickshelf depends upon content, but if Brickshelf weren't around, that content would be scattered across the net, unseen by most. "Merely providing the real estate" Are you serious!? That (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

Kevin, Thanks for resonding publicly. I've enjoyed BS for many years now and in the past year or two I have finally gotten around to posting my own MOCs there. I certainly appreciate the service you've provided, and look forward to see what benefits (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Actually I have to disagree with you there. The crucial role BS has come to occupy is as an intersection point connecting LUGNET, MOCPages, Blogs, Classic-Castle, EuroBricks, BrickWiki and the dozens of other websites that have chosen (by (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Brickshelf became what it is in no small part because of the thousands of people uploading content. Kevin is merely providing the real estate. Why are you surprised that people feel invested in it, and somewhat betrayed by these events? (...) (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) I do know this guy (Kevin) and he's a stand up guy. You I don't know, so if you don't trust Kevin then fine, if you don't want to pay for the use of Brickshelf then don't. Who gives a flying flip what you do, I sure don't. (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) I do know this guy (Kevin) and he's a stand up guy. You I don't know, so if you don't trust Kevin then fine, if you don't want to pay for the use of Brickshelf then don't. Who gives a flying flip what you do, I sure don't. (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Backup Crawler for Mac

(...) Yesterday I realized that while my script handled multi-page folder galleries (URLs like f=1234), it did not handle multi-page user galleries (URLs like m=username). This has been fixed and "version 1.1" is now available at the same address (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Community Donations

(...) I sure do and just did. Good post, Hendo! JOHN (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Community Donations

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I figured out the language issue. the donation link from the lugnet.general page brought me to an English version. Also, once there, I noticed there is a language drop-down field at the upper right of the page. (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Community Donations

Hi All: All the hubbub about BS got me thinking... It's been a while since I gave anything to Lugnet. On the forums page here there is a PayPal donation button that I've used at least once before to throw the site an extra ten bucks. My plan was/is (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) The ingratitude is staggering, Ted. That "crucial role" was created by that person. Brickshelf, the institution, is what it is today because of Kevin's generosity and commitment to it for the past ten years. (...) That spurious comment would (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Hey, you brought it in to this, and only you can (should, really) take it out, Dave! JOHN (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Yes. Such a consortia of AFOLs is sure to provide the community with ongoing peace of mind. Cheers Richie Dulin (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) I have never said anything about the money aspect. The amount is a little high when Flickr allows unlimited use for $25/yr but that is not the main problem. The only thing clear is that this person cannot be trusted with such a crucial role in (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

Marc, John is right. I won't even look at MOCs on Flickr. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think Flickr is very good for viewing and downloading MOCs. "Marc Nelson Jr." <marcnelsonjr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JLHsvt.E4y@lugnet.com... (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact