 General / 53550
Re: A challenge to anyone interested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 23:42:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
   But you know that it’s intensely frustrating to pour your creativity into an MOC only to have it sink into obscurity soon thereafter

I would have to tend to agree completely with this.

BUT...

Based on the trend of lugnet not being the hub of MOC building/showcasing anymore, I can understand to a large extent why this does not happen here. This has been pointed out before, but due to the sheer volume of specialized AFOL sites which abound (classic-castle, classic-space, fbtb, Mecha-hub, etc.), MOCs (even really good ones) will fade into obscurity rather quickly in the overly large abet compartmentalized nature of lugnet I’m afraid.

IMHO, it should not be taken personally by anybody that few or no one comments on any particular MOC these days. For instance, my fairly recent post about my latest MOC managed to garner only one reply. But on both of the two other AFOL sites that I also posted it on, there was plenty of feedback (mostly positive). Those other sites aside, do I take it personally that there is only one reply on lugnet? Nope.

I understand if you would take my feelings with a grain of salt since I am not new to AFOLdom and therefore do not take almost anything that anyone says about me or my MOCs personally. I just think that one can not underestimate the plethora of other AFOL sites which seem to have a much higher amount of MOC commenting on them and the cumulative (negative) impact on replies to posts here.

I’m just putting out one person’s opinion as to why this has happened. Please feel free to ignore anything you’d like that I have said. And also feel free to think your own thoughts and reply away if you have any other theories (although it would be a smidgen ironic if no one replied to this post - lol).

I supposed that people should reply to this in off.topic.debate if you disagree with me and want to pick a fight ;-) note the wink please