 General / 53552
Re: A challenge to anyone interested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 00:32:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
   I don’t post here on LUGNET all that much anymore, though I lurk a good bit.

Over the years, I’ve seen (as I suspect we’ve all seen) many an eager AFOL happily post a message to share an MOC, only to post a less happy message a few days later when no one has offered even the slightest comment. If the MOC is posted on Brickshelf or Maj, then the poster can naturally see the “views” counter, but it’s somehow more satisfying to read someone’s feedback, even if it’s as simple as “nice job!” or the like. But you know that it’s intensely frustrating to pour your creativity into an MOC only to have it sink into obscurity soon thereafter

I more or less agree with you. I am not very active on lugnet but often what I have seen appears to be more effort into arguements between certain members than providing comments or constructive criticism of MOCs. It is a bit of a let down when you spend 7 months on a MOC and only get a few comments while someone posts a nazi spaceship they built in one day and it generates 200 comments as people argue over it. I would say that my lugnet experience has been less than satisfying. On the other hand I started building large MOCS before I had heard of lugnet and do not build for the purpose of getting gratification from feedback. I build because I like to build!

Even if there are other sites for specific Lego themes, I think it would be a shame to have the online community fragment completely. I will make an effort to comment more often on MOCs for which I have something useful to say. -Jim