 General / 53553
Re: A challenge to anyone interested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 07:34:18 GMT

Hi Dave, Hi all,

here are my thoughts on this topic. The no-commenting-behaviour is not only a lugnet specific thing, I also observe it at the 1000steine forum. And I must admit that stand on both sides. Either posting a MOC and gaining little feedback or just consuming new MOCs without commenting them at all.

Therefore I might find some reasons. I am in my 7th year of AFOLism and also the communities have developed a lot. Both me personally and the communities have left the step behind when we where surprised by a MOC. The mass of MOCs and the high qualitiy of MOCs form too of this ice berg is hard to top. With all this experience in mind people seems to be not so much impressed anymore by a cool MOC. In times when bricklink offers all needed elements it’s sometimes more a “money” fact if a MOC could be build or not. Of course, creative skills are always needed. But there is no lont time for the “brcik hunt”. I am trying to say that it has become easier to but a huge MOC these days and therefore less people will comment online.

And perhaps the audience is more then satisfied? Is there really anything new and super cool to really comment on? Most cool SNOT and SCHLEIM techniques are well known these days, various software helps to plan sheres, letters or other details in MOCs.

Being more settled down my LEGO web experience isn’t that explorative as it used to be years ago. I read 1000steine regular, lugnet.trains sometimes, other lugnet stuff irregular, I check brickshelf.recent daily (and I try to concentrate on the 5 % worth seeing galleries). And if I need to find out some more details peeron, bricklink and other databases will come up with the answer within seconds. So no need anymore to ask the community about sets and parts.

But it is always good to think about someone’s own behaviour and maybe I will reply to MOC presentations more often in the future. But if someone allready says sorry for blurry pics in the post my interest in looking at this gallery is null. And blurry pics for me means that even the builder isn’t interested in getting senseful feedback.

Anyway, keep on bricking. And remember you do it for your own leisure, to relax from work and others. Do not put to much presure on your MOC. The aim shouldn’t be a highlighted top story with tons of comments and a high score in site impressions on the brickshelf gallery.

Holger