 General / 53413
    Polling Top Sellers —David Eaton
   So, I just wrote a quick screen scraper for Lego's Top Sellers page, taking snapshots every 5 minutes. Mostly, I was curious to see how the new Cafe Corner crawls around the ranks, but figured this information might be useful to have in general. Has (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Polling Top Sellers —David Eaton
   Well, it's been 2 weeks-- here's a graph of the current top 25, and their race through the ranks: (URL) few interesting things: - the top sellers are updated every hour, very shortly after the beginning of the hour (within the first few minutes) - (...) (18 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Polling Top Sellers —Rafe Donahue
   (...) <snippy, snip, snip> Well done, David! A couple quick notes: * Pick-a-brick shows a big drop and then a rebound. * Something coloured white show a similar drop but no rebound? * Shipwreck shows a neat rise through the ranks. * Can you add some (...) (18 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Polling Top Sellers —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) I am wondering if this is from last week when Lego Factory website was down for maintenence for a couple of days. (...) Agreed. This is great. Though, I am surprised Cafe Corner never hit #1. Jonathan (18 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Polling Top Sellers —David Eaton
   (...) Huh, that must explain it! The thing that dropped off was "My Custom Design" (which has JUST now creeped back into the ranks!). I didn't know it actually was offline, but that would make sense given the dropoff. (...) Well, keep in mind that (...) (18 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Polling Top Sellers —Rafe Donahue
   (...) Very, very nice. I am appreciating your ability to add content without chartjunk! (...) Labelling things right on the plot is definitely the way to go, if it can be done without the clutter. You might be able to make the graphic bigger so as (...) (18 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Polling Top Sellers —David Eaton
   (...) Yeah, the clutter is the hard part. I've been toying with the idea of just streamlining the data a lot more. Right now, the data is pretty much fully represented. But as I collect more data, it'll become rather meaningless. Something that had (...) (18 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Polling Top Sellers —Rafe Donahue
   In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote: <snipity, snip, snip, snip> David, Would you be willing to share the raw data? I do data analysis stuff for a living and spend lots of time on visualizations, in particular, visualization of the atomic-level (...) (18 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.general)