 General / 53272
  LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million, leases office space. By:Howard French, Journal Inquirer 01/03/2007 LEGO Systems Inc., has sold its Enfield buildings and leased back space in some of them for its operations, which are the (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(URL) (17 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

Lego is on it's way out, plain and simple. By 2012, it will be a memory. (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) No it will still be around. In the future LEGO may not be owned by Kjeld and Gunhild anymore (Godtfred Kirk Christiansen's 2 surviving children), however it will still be around. There's too much value in the brand name. A future owner may (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) Gary's right. One the things that is happening is that globalization of resources...the US has higher wages than the rest of the world in many things, so to bear the costs that consumers want, less expensive places have to be found to produce (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) IBM did a similar sell-off of their buildings and lease back a couple years ago. It turns out to save on US taxes. -dw (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) Yes, and C&S, one of the largest grocery distributors in the region is doing the same thing with a couple of facilities not far from Enfield - selling the buildings and then leasing them. The company I work for, also in the same region also (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) When you own the property, you benefit from the increase in real estate values over time. When I originally bought my house, my mortgage was higher than it would have cost me to rent a comparable house. Within five years, this was no longer (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) It is expensive to own property that is much too large, and to suddenly become a landlord leasing the unwanted areas, is almost never a wanted activity when you need to save money. It is probably "sell it all" and "re-lease only a part" that (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) I will make an idle observation (from way out in left field)... The market for LEGO seems to be soft (beyond description) at the moment. My BrickLink store is experiencing one of the slowest Januarys that I have ever seen. I saw signs of this (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) Keep in mind that wages in the U.S. are considerably less than in much of Western Europe. In Switzerland, the minimum wage is $22/hour. A lot of that is a consequence of the effects of VAT on national economies over there. Production in the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)