 General / 53075
Re: Trouble with IE, PNG and BS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:33:33 GMT

"Tim Gould" <tgould.lego(AT@)gmail(DOT.)com> wrote in message
news:J784tv.ECz@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here. What Didier probably should
have
done was post the original to both .general and .off-topic.geek but it is
up to
the original poster to set the FUT with consideration to where the
should go.

I think what Didier should have done is decide where he actually wanted to
post the message in the first place.  Which is why confusion with top
messages in a tree and FUT can abound.  Most people generally will simply
read right past anything saying FUT is directed, and unless there is a way
to write it in the equivalent of very large letters in red ink that will be
automatically display on the newsreader's preview pane on the screen, people
will continue to read right past the FUT announcements in newsgroup posts.

The responded can always read the followup-to settings in their
newsbrowser and
should double check to see that it is going where they would like it to go
(if
this differs from the original poster). I believe that the mistake about
double
posting and not seeing resposnses is yours. Either way the onus is on the
first
poster to make sure they are set appropriately AND the responders to make
sure
they know where it's going.

I thank you for your comments.  However, I feel to simply put it where you
want it to go and not FUT people to newsgroups they don't normally frequent
is the way to go.

He did solve his problem though, apparently it's another MS IE "feature"
whereby they decided not to support .PNG format and so have made .PNG images
with alpha channel information go blank without warning.  ;)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde