 General / 53073
Re: Trouble with IE, PNG and BS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:19:40 GMT

"Didier Enjary" <d.enjary@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:J783GD.L7F@lugnet.com...

ok. Sorry for the trouble.

No problem, when you make the original post in a thread, as in your case,
you need not FUT to anywhere else, just set the newsgroup you wish for it
to appear in and leave others to direct FUT as needed.

...and I finally understand the problem. IE (even the most recent version)
is
not supporting PNG alpha-channel transparenciy. (but firefox, mozilla...do
:-)

Yup for now it's best if you simply take off the .PNG images, and replace
them as either .jpg or .gif images, after conerting them with the proper
file conversion utility.

At least, until MS gets it's collective head out of the clouds and rewrites
their PNG library to properly decode PNG images.  You might be able to put a
separate folder on brickshelf with the PNG images in it, if you do this
though, please remember to have the first image say that these images are
not viewable in IE, or people might wonder why you have blank images!!

That's a nice railroad flatcar though Didier.  :)  Keep up the good work!

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde