 General / 52884
Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:41:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Josh Breese wrote:

   I’m not saying there should be no shipping or tax, however what I am saying is shipping should be fair and based on weight of the item and customers should be warned of the added tax and charged properly based on the customers home state rate. In my case (Illinois) this is 6.25% and SaH wanted to charge me 10.15%

I’m not throwing a tantrum over the price of the parts or even the idea of paying for shipping as I knew that would be a cost. What I am pissed about is the questionable business practices and the lack of warning on the website.

Hmm, here is the screen directly before you confirm your order. What more warning do you need?

Sorry, but you seem to be flaming (or trolling) Lego. I’m gonna defend Lego. It would be flaming to call you an idiot, which I’m not gonna do. Here is your constructive criticism: don’t expect major corporations to call you to tell you they’ve made adjustments to their business practices. Oh, and be glad you live in IL. In CA, tax is 7.25% minimum.