 General / 52880
Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 01:12:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Josh Breese wrote:
Wait, you are pissed because of their prices?  Did you buy this without knowing,
or did you see everything up front?

I knew the price of the parts and that there would be shipping however I didn’t
know about the new shipping price structure or the sales tax thing until the
second page of checkout.

If you already bought this and then realized what happened, then be pissed at
yourself for not reading the quoted price properly.

If I did, I would, but that is not the case. I am after all not that ignorant.

If you are pissed because of the shipping and sales tax: A: It is their business
and they can run it how they want.  I suggest not getting mad at them for
protecting their assessts and profits.
B:  Sales tax.  It's the law (unfortunately).

I’m not saying there should be no shipping or tax, however what I am saying is
shipping should be fair and based on weight of the item and customers should be
warned of the added tax and charged properly based on the customers home state
rate. In my case (Illinois) this is 6.25% and SaH wanted to charge me 10.15%

I found 1x2x2 windows on bricklink ranging from $.10 to $.43.  I suggest
shopping around.

I immediately went to Bricklink after getting pissed about things. I have
already contacted a bricklink shop and I am awaiting a reply. I would rather
support those who will treat me properly as a customer than deal with
questionable business practices.

Also, don't throw a tantrum over price.  Get mad because of the customer
service, or the quality of the brick.  Yeah, their website had problems (as many
do), so what.

I’m not throwing a tantrum over the price of the parts or even the idea of
paying for shipping as I knew that would be a cost. What I am pissed about is
the questionable business practices and the lack of warning on the website.

Sound like you just need to take a chill pill and pay the bill.

That’s your opinion and it’s your freedom to express it but that doesn’t mean I
agree.

Or go buy Mega Block, they are cheaper.

I would rather stab myself with a rusty spoon, honestly! However that is my
opinion and you don’t have to agree to that either.

Ondrew
Ps. In the above I have expressed my O P I N I O N. You don’t have to agree with
it, but you should respect my right to post it. I will reply to all constructive
criticism or positive reply’s however I WILL NOT EGG ON A FLAME WAR.