 General / 52883
52882  |  52884
Subject:
YALUB (Yet Another Lego USB Drive)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:56:09 GMT

Well, I finally got off my butt and tore apart one of my SanDisk Cruzer
Micro USB drives, and fit it into Lego.  I decided to use plates so I
could add more color.

Pics are at http://www.vfaq.org/USB

All it took was a Dremel, some MEK to glue it up, and a LOT of fiddling,
but it turned out pretty nice (Not THAT much MEK leaked through the
seams when gluing).

I used some white 2x4s around the plate bits while gluing it all up, to
hold the plates in alignment.  There's less slop in them than there is
when stacking plates normally these days :-/

My next goal is to get one of those MICRO USB drives (waiting for free
after rebate or close to it) that don't have a shell around the USB
contacts, so I can build it into a 1-2 plate thickness ;-)

--
Tom Stangl
* http://www.vfaq.com/