 General / 52052 (-20)
  Re: Question for Gary Istok

(...) Samsonsite in the US (and possibly Canada) in the early 1960s thru the 70s. They produced several sets in the line (URL) bricks come in 4 colors (red, white, blue, yellow). There was also a truck in white or grey with red wheels. They are NOT (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Exo-Force lego anime influenced minifigs and mechs!

Some interesting parts, but I'm "meh" on the designs I've seen so far. Not much variation between the mechs and I'll bet their flimsy as all get-out using the smallest click-hinges. New hairpieces and othere pieces too, so that's groovy! BTW, it (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.general)

  Question for Gary Istok

Hey Gary! Is there anything you can tell me about these bricks?: (URL) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.general)

  HI / HOLA

Hi Group, (Texto en castellano mas abajo) I am residing in northern Spain (Bilbao area), and am looking for any LEGO organisation/group of people. I dont know anybody with this interess here (although the availability of Lego shows it is fairly (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.general)

  New Exo-Force lego anime influenced minifigs and mechs!

Go to this address to check them out! (URL) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: S@H bulk packs - old or new grey?

(...) I just rec'd 10 packs of the assorted light gray (10145) They are old gray. Ordered Friday, delivered to me today. Jonathan (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.color)

  New for '74

I wasn't really expecting anything new or different when I clicked on this 1974 catalog update at Peeron: (URL) I was pleasantly surprised! A very neat illustration on the cover as well as some "drawn" Lego models inside were a treat to see! Well (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A bit ticked!

(...) Well I should follow this up... after some more contacting Lego very kindly sent me a 4105 tub, which I have just received. Fair Play to them... Thanks for your help! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Gluing Lego

Hi folks, I need to glue together some Lego sculptures (ersatz FLL trophies--hey, I learned a new word from reading rtlToronto). Could someone recommend a glue that is easily available at Home Depot? I've read Methyl Ethyl Ketone was what they use (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Advice needed on antique LEGO bricks

(...) Aaron, That is a very good question. The secondary market is good for old Lego specialty items such as old road signs, beams with names, trees/bushes, Esso/Shell Station accessories, etc. But, there is little secondary market for other old (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Big Brother?

(...) Lego don't make a 7x2, it's obviously a clone. That would also explain it being an incompatible size. :-) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Big Brother?

(...) Allan, I have some bad news. The guys at MIT did a study on TIN FOIL helmets, if you are using one; you HAVE to stop. (URL) is a snippet of results: (posted without permission (1)) --snip--- We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: ILENN Update: Alpha 4

(...) Looks like the Market Update column still has some more math problems to work out: "Price: strike$29.99/strike $79.99 (Sale: -166% off!)" (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  NGLTC building session at Egleston children’s hospital

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) visited the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston. For the fifth year in a row the NGLTC held our annual Christmas ornament building session with patients of CHOA. The children are helping make (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga, FTX)

  Re: Big Brother?

(...) This is why I have the blackout curtains and wear tin foil hats when I'm at home. Oooops.... maybe I shouldn't have told you that. (URL) (...) I guess I'm a bigger geek than I realized. Because my first thought was, "hey I don't think LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Big Brother?

Eventually, even if don't flaunt your Lego hobby, your neighbours are going to catch on... It might be the large sculpture on the dining room table, it might be the number of Lego boxes that show up in the recycle bin, or it might be the fact that (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  ILENN Update: Alpha 4

ILENN has been updated with a major new interface and functionality: (URL) Lots of improvement going on, I welcome everybody to try it out. Still have a ways to go, but it's definitely moving in the right direction. Comments about layout and (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

Larry Pieniazek wrote: > In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: >> In the Spirit of Brick It Forward aka NQJ >> ((URL) I can offer for trade, a VERY rare, >> VERY well made, authentic JLUG train container. (as well as a few bonus >> items) (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic) !

  LEGO leaving Billund?

Check out this article from The Age: (URL) At the end it says, "As for moving production from Denmark, a decision will be made in 2007." I think selling the LEGOLAND parks was a good move because it keeps the core company focused on just the toys. I (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Mclaren MP-19 Formula One WIP

(...) Not sure what's going on but I seem unable to post. WHAT? I fixed the folders, there's now one for low bandwidth and one for high. choose as appropriate :) and PLEASE, LMKWYT, honestly. I need to know, and even a post saying "is rubbish, x, y, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact