 General / 51617 (-20)
  Re: New style instructions, sets 8801 and 8802

(...) I think TLG have been listening. Inventories in instructions is something I've been asking for. I'm not sure how many more of us have been asking too. It's useful when you want to build the set again later because you can get a tray and select (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  New style instructions, sets 8801 and 8802

Hi, I just bought set 65767, a Knights Kingdom combo consisting of sets 8801 (Attack over the sea) and 8802 (Vladek's Sea Fortress), and to my big surprise, the design of the instructions have been changed. The first pages of the instructions now (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) It's a pretty useful snot techniquie actually. Any brick you connect to the stud on the side will be flush on the bottom face, which can be useful. I used it (URL) in this moc> fairly extensively. Cheers, Allister (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I agree that the SNOT technique is great for the 1x1x1 headlight bricks. I just detest them because TLG uses them as a poor substitute for the old 1x1x1 classic windows in the remake of the USS Constellation Ship model. And again in the Lego (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I generally dislike big parts that have restrictions on how they connect to other pieces. I think LURPs and BURPs are OK, along with 6x6x10 stanchions, but a lot of other pieces that size or bigger are next to useless, unless you're really (...) (19 years ago, 4-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Photos from the toy museum at Valdemar Slot

(...) You're welcome. (...) Not too far from Billund. :) Slotsalleén 100, Troense, 5700 Svendborg, Danmark Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Just a reminder, NWBrickCon Pre-Registration ENDS soon!!!

I needed to tell someone about when to Pre-register for NWBrickCon. And then I saw that it was Sept 7th! So no more waiting, register today (URL) NWBrickCon Site> (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Photos from the toy museum at Valdemar Slot

(...) Jacob, Thanks for the great pictures. Forgive my ignorance, but where is Valdemar Slot? Keep on bricking, dave (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: little help with rendering

(...) What software systems are you using for your rendering? Dave! follow-ups to the lugnet.cad.ray-tracing group. (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: mesages

(...) I just ran into that problem myself. Does this help any? (URL) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  little help with rendering

I need some help with a rendering I am doing of a gear system. I have the design cadded, but when it comes to rendering, the computer runs through some calculations, and then a yellow highlight appears wth the word "untitled." Does this mean (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:IM4ut4.17Iy@lugnet.com... (...) I know. It's not a particularly useful configuration (I've never used it so far!), I just wasn't aware of it and I like finding out stuff like that. (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Travelling on business

(...) LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad is not a very far drive from Poway. Sadly, the only official LEGO store in the San Diego area is at LL-CA. HTH Adr. (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Travelling on business

I will be in Poway, San Diego next week and was wondering as to what is local LEGO shopping wise? Nautronix is the company that I will be visiting, anyone have any connections with them? This will be my second trip to the States, I was in New (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Does anyone have information?: Animals comforter/ bedding

Well, I am not sure which area this should be posted to....In regards to this Lego Animals (Creator?) Comforter.Does anyone know what year (?this year?) this was produced? Is it available now? I combed the internet, including TLG website, and could (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) For the 8t gears, try putting the pin into a beam, hold it in place with the back of [LDrawPart 3959], and pull on the gear. --Bram (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  mesages

Is it possible for me to delete some of my past messages? If so, then how? Thanks. (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Keep your eye on (URL) BrickWiki>, then... As discussed in this (URL) LEGOFan thread> there is some serious hacking into these mysteries, and perl coding, going on as we speak. The bags have been inventoried (perhaps not quite correctly for My (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Tack on a white 2x4 and the price goes to $15.27. You do get 22 white 2x4's apparently in the next bag, which incidently, if you just make a model of the above mentioned bricks it costs $4.99. So apparently there is savings there with the more (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory impressions

(...) Thanks Kris! That would make $11.98 X 13 = $155.74 (plus the 8 scadzillion other pieces you get) ..... YIKES!!! Now add into that all the white bricks for making it a decent looking model.... it starts adding up! I can say this much, before I (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact