 General / 51507
51506  |  51508
Subject:
Stumped already (LDD 1.4)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:36:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

OK, I must not be bright enough for this program, as it’s got me stumped already! I’ve checked the help on LEGO’s LDD site (which seems like it hasn’t been updated yet for the new version), and still haven’t a clue. Maybe somebody here can give me one.

When I start out, there is an “Available Assortment” palette with several items in it, such as “My Animal,” “My Car,” and so on. It seems as though I have to click one of these before I can get any parts in my parts palette. Once I do, parts appear there, but the other assortments disappear from the “Available Assortments” palette, and the one I picked goes into an “Active” window.

Now, I have parts to choose from, but apparently, it’s a limited number of each part. There are only two green 1x1 bricks, for example -- if I want to make a stack of three green 1x1 bricks, I seem to be out of luck.

At one point, a little tip window popped up telling me that if I need more parts, I can add more of this assortment, or other assortments, to my active list. But darned if I can figure out how. The only way I can see to get my assortment options back is to click on the one in my “Active” list, which apparently deletes it, and all the pieces in my model that were using it.

Can anyone give me a clue? I gather that these assortments are stock sets of parts which they probably bag up and sell intact (and there’s a disturbing “expiration date” on each one), but even if I’m OK with that, how in the world do I make a model that uses more than one such bag?

Thanks,
Joe