 General / 51389
  Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

Forgive me if this is a rehash of what was said three years ago when the original run of the set made its debut, but being as I was 17 then and I didn't have a job that paid well enough to feed my Lego addiction (or any job at all) at the time, I'm (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer re-release comments

(...) I've transported an ISD in my car a couple of times, and I can say from experience that you should definitely remove ALL 4 panels before you set it in your car. The 4 panels can be placed sideways on their straight edges pretty easily. The (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

In lugnet.general, Ryan Holtz wrote: snipped (...) Lemme guess, you've never seen an ISD get tossed have you? (URL) check> (URL) these> I very enjoyable sight to see at Brickfest. Adr. (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Set 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer re-release comments

(...) That's a good idea - I'll keep that in mind should I ever get fired from my job and have to transport it back out of my cubicle. However, I don't have any plans for that, so as far as I'm concerned it can sit and rot right where it's sitting (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) At first I wanted to say, "Man, that's criminal that they'd do that." Then I reflected on the hour of seething rage I had, between ten minutes of fixing it after getting it from my apartment to my car, thirty minutes of fixing it in the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) Hahaha, in the first pic, it actually looks like the ISD is flying... (towards the ground unfortunately). -Bryan (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) Ryan, you are leaving a $300 Lego model at work.... er um.... is it secure there? Or will you come to work one morning with nothing but a few loose plates lying about because one of the night time cleaning crew took a fancy to it? Anyway, I (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) I remember a discussion about the Star Destroyer when it first came out recommending adding an additional support to the front of the ship through the "hatch". I believe someone had pieces of the "A-frame' shatter due to stress. Mine has long (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) I had mine together for about 4 months, and there was a good amount of deflection in the 1x16 grey technic beams attached to the front support. It's been in the box for a little over 18 months now. When it goes back together, I'll be sure to (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

Hey Ryan, It is indeed a most impressive set, although as you figured out through painful trail and error, not the most transportable or even swooshable. It is gorgeous aesthetically, but structurally it' can become a nightmare. Don't keep it (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) I'm curious about one thing - did any pieces actually BREAK in the crash? (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) Not at all. I keep one of my ISDs assembled (and at the exact same spot) since the day the set came out. No breaking or bowing there. It still looks as good as on day one. You can see it occasionally at brickshelf in the background of images (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) At Celebration III in Indy, we speed-built three ISD's in under 24 hours (!), and had the chance to (a) run around a crowded convention center "swooshing" an ISD, and (b) "splashing" the ISD afterwords (although only from a height of 3'... it (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) To the best of my recollection, no. Certainly not anything memorable, like a 1x16 Technic brick or a plate. It seemed to crumple very well, and the pieces sprang apart rather than stressing the frame. (19 years ago, 11-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)