 General / 50710
50709  |  50711
Subject:
LEGOFan.org 2.0 is now online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 18:00:14 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

As you’ve likely read by now, the LEGO Group has announced a new set - the TTX intermodal car. Head over to LEGO Fan to see some exclusive pictures of the new set.

When you arrive at the new LEGO Fan site, you’ll notice something different. After many long nights, the LEGO Fan Organizing Team is happy to announce that LEGOfan.org version 2.0 is live!

The new site is a total rewrite of the code, and gives the site a much stronger foundation for growth today and into the future.

Just a few of the new features include:

• Registration ability
• Ability to post and edit your own links in the LEGO Links Directory
• Forums (mostly targeted to newbie type discussion)
• Better “Google Friendliness”, which should help ensure that we’re found in Google better over time
• Private area for Ambassadors
• Easier ability for new content and articles to be added

In other LEGO Fan news, we were reviewing the traffic stats from the old site and discovered that the AFOLs comic (English version) has been downloaded nearly 85,000 times!

With your help the new LEGO Fan site can become the best way to both create new LEGO fans, and provide resources to point people to the greater LEGO community where needed.

Down the road (and after some sleep), we’ll be adding more and more features to the site. The first of which will be an community-wide events calendar, where you can all submit your events in order to see them all in one place.

One last thing... If you’re interested in helping out on the site, please drop Richard Morton an email (rjmorton at 4imprint.com). We need several types of help:

• Newbie helpers (people to point newbies to the right places, or to help introduce them to the community, via the forums)
• Content moderators (now that people can submit news stories, links, and down the road events, we’ll need help making sure all is kosher)
• News Providers (people who will seek out the best, most interesting news for the site home page on a regular basis)
• Link Directory Moderators (mods specifically for keeping up with the links database)
- ASP.net coders (we’ll need coding help to continue to build out the site)

Hopefully you like what you see on the new site, but we welcome suggestions and bug reports! Please send any feedback to the LEGO Fan feedback forums.

Enjoy!

LEGOFan.org

Joe Meno
LEGOFan.org Media Contact