 General / 50321
Re: "Ads by Goooooogle" at Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:09:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tore Eriksson wrote:
I'm a little concerned about the boxes with "Ads by Goooooogle" that shows in my
browser at Brickshelf and other sites. As they make ads with Swedish topics,
there seems to be some kind of intelligence behind them(?), targeting the ads in
a creepy way. I wonder if this is some kind of spyware that has infested my PC
or if everyone gets these ads.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

No insidious conspiracy here.  Brickshelf show these ads to everyone who hasn't
donated to Brickshelf.

Mine aren't in Swedish, unless I'm greatly mistaken about what Swedish looks
like... :-) Not that I see any conspiracy necessarily, just good use of public
info.