 General / 49814
Re: trading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:36:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Drew Wolff wrote:
Hello all I am in need of some castle sets and I was seeing if any one would
like to trade some stuff for them.

(snip)

It is generally accepted that posts seeking to trade are off-topic for
lugnet.general or for most theme groups, but rather should be posted somewhere
in the market hierarchy. lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade is often a good choice for
trading posts (as it, after all, has "trade" in its name).

Please consider heeding that community norm.

It is generally considered poor form to send the same or similar posts to
several different groups as well

I see you also sent trade seeking posts to several groups besides general:

http://news.lugnet.com/harrypotter/?n=1555
http://news.lugnet.com/aquazone/?n=918

and maybe others, I didn't search exhaustively

Please consider not doing that and heeding the community norm.

Thanks.