 General / 4956
Re: Classic Lego sets? (was Re: TLG 1998 Annual Report)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 07:40:52 GMT

Terry K wrote in message <376e9d5e.3325924@lugnet.com>...
On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:54:22 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) • wrote:

Dear LEGO,

Please don't lose focus on building, inspiring imagination and creativity
in children.  Bring back the BASIC sets!

Steve Bliss

I zipped thru a TRU the other day, and saw something new.

Sets marked as "Classic".  I was in a bit of a hurry, so I did not have a
chance to do a close examination.   I saw two sets, a large box on the • lower
shelf, and a small one near the top.  The color on the the boxes had a • strong
black component.  I plan on going back down there to take a closer look at • the
piece count, prices, and what is in them.  So more on this to follow.

Anybody else see these yet?  What are they?  And why haven't I seen any • mention
of these before?  I was stunned to see something totally new and unknown to • me,
as I thought I was pretty much 'in the loop' on TLG product lines.  :-/

-- Terry K --

They are on the shelves since second half of the 1998, and they are basicly
"basic" or "freestyle" sets.
Same logic, same style, same content. There are slightly more set variety
(like ~20) comparing past freestyle line.