 General / 4789
Re: TLG 1998 Annual Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:12:51 GMT

I am reading over it now. Maybe if they want to improve profits, maybe they
should start supplying the products their customers want (I.E. bulk purchases,
decent sets like SW, no Juniorization, etc.). I know I know, what a concept! You
give your customers what they want, they give you money, you get more profit!!!
Ugh, ugh, brain hemorrhage......

It is hilarious the spin they give off on child psycho-babble and the like about
creativity. Lets see, what builds a child imagination more, a set with 100
varied pieces, or a set comprising of 10 premolded, unuseful pieces, uh,
uh....,help, help!!!! >:(

Scott "Hello, does anyone out there have any sense anymore?!" Sanburn

Steve Bliss wrote:

Apologies if this has already been discussed (if it was, I probably read
the discussion, maybe participated in it, and then forgot about it).

TLG's 1998 annual report is online at
<http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=68&Year=1999>

Interesting that they owned up (among other things) to production not
responding to the highest selling items:

Quoted from Section "Disappointing Earnings"
we must acknowledge that we did not manage to gear our production to
meet the demand for the products that sold best.

And the translation is occasionally amusing, especially the idiomatic
stuff.

Steve