 General / 49491
Re: What is the partnumber and where is it used?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 06:21:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
Mine are smooth on all four sides. And I also found the 30646 when searched
on peeron. But this is not the same piece. They must be part number 30646b,
and as you said Dave, it is strange that those I've found is red since the
only set this part is used in, is in the color Dark Grey. Why are LEGO
making those brick in white and red if they never have, or are, going to use
them in any sets? It is maybe the reason for why I found them in those
pick-a-brick boxes?  :)

Just because Peeron doesn't list them in red or white doesn't mean they haven't
been released in those colors.  All of the inventory lists are submitted by
members of the online community, so if they've only been used in, say, Jack
Stone sets, the chances of an AFOL buying that set and submitting an inventory
lists is considerably lower than if they were used in the Star Destroyer.