 General / 49489
Re: What is the partnumber and where is it used?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:52:28 GMT

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Elroy Davis wrote:
You beat me to it.  Although the link I found was
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30646 this>.

Yeah, I checked that one out as well, but those have the corrugated • surfaces on
two sides, correct?  The pieces that Øyvind used appear to be smooth on at • least
three sides.

Mine are smooth on all four sides. And I also found the 30646 when searched
on peeron. But this is not the same piece. They must be part number 30646b,
and as you said Dave, it is strange that those I've found is red since the
only set this part is used in, is in the color Dark Grey. Why are LEGO
making those brick in white and red if they never have, or are, going to use
them in any sets? It is maybe the reason for why I found them in those
pick-a-brick boxes?  :)

And there was more strange pieces that I collected a few of. They seemed at
that time to have something to do with those columns, but I'm not sure : one
white part number 30520 (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30520) and some
white 33287 http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/33287.

But the last one do not seems to have anything to do with this column....

I have some dark grey ones that came with a vampire set.  In this case, • if I
remember correctly, there> was a cardboard backdrop that slid into the
grooves.

Ah. That could explain it! The grooves is not totaly smooth invards, and
there is also a smal dipp om both sides on the groove in top and bottom.

That makes a certain amount of sense.  Thinking on it, I'm not sure how • well the
garage door idea would work, since there's probably no way to put a curved
groove at the top because of that pin.  The Jack Stone sets look like they • use
the grooves to hold large <http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30650?img=21107
windows> that otherwise probably can't be attached to anything

hm... that would be cool. Could make a realy high building quick and easy
with those bricks...

Thanx guys!

I'm going to loot that pick-a-brick boxes again and maybe I can find those
panels/windows :)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix