 General / 49273
Re: 4886: First building since the minifig to have 4 walls?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:02:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
Getting 4886 today got me thinking... is this the first LEGO building since
the introduction of the minifig to have 4 walls? Nothing jumps out at me
while browing Town sets at Brickset; they all have the back wall open for
the 'hand of God' to place minifigs in them.

A question Gary Istok can no doubt answer...

Huw

I'd like to add Daniel Siskund's Blacksmith Shop (3739)and both versions of
Hagrid's Hut to the (small) list of 4-walled buildings since the introduction of
the minifig. Those are all fairly recent, so apparently there are some forces
within TLC that are seeking to bring back 4-walled buildings.

WRT 4886 - I can't wait until it's available in NA. This set should be popular
with builders in any theme that uses lots of buildings. I know I was excited the
first time I saw it. With all TLC's talk about getting back to their roots, this
is the first thing they've done that has made me believe that.