 General / 49259
Re: 4886: First building since the minifig to have 4 walls?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:53:25 GMT

Hello!

   Getting 4886 today got me thinking... is this the first LEGO building since the introduction of the minifig to have 4 walls? Nothing jumps out at me while browing Town sets at Brickset; they all have the back wall open for the ‘hand of God’ to place minifigs in them.

In the early days of the Minifig the buildings were designed to have four walls but could be opened. Sets 374 and 376 come to my mind there:

    374 Fire Station
LEGO > LEGOLAND Town

    376 House with Garden
230 elements, 2 figures, 1978
LEGO > LEGOLAND Town

It’s a pity there ain’t minifigs included with the new set 4886. Former Basic building sets in the 5-year-old and 7-year-old range came with figs, in particular when the main models included houses.

    710 BASIC Building Set
elements, 2? figures, 1983
LEGO > BASIC > Universal Building Set

In this set the house models also are with four walls. It’s not even meant to be opened. According to the instructions, that is. Of course you can modify the design to your liking.

Bye
Jojo