 General / 48010
  Going to Legoland with Binoculars...

Yesterday I was looking at a Lego Shop At Home catalog, and I noticed that the 2x2 windows were still available in white in bulk packs of 25. I was wondering why these were still here. And then I realized that this window is still used in Legoland (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Going to Legoland with Binoculars...

According to Peeron, the 1x2x2 windows were most recently used in 2002 sets in red and 2000 sets in white and 1997 sets in both blue and yellow. 1x3x2 and 1x4x2 windows have not been used again since 1980, in white not since 1970 for the 1x3x2 and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Going to Legoland with Binoculars...

(...) Thanks Niels, I agree that the last time Lego made a 1x3x2 window in white (in a set) was in 1970. However, I have 2 examples of this window in white that have no window "sills". This means that they were produced after 1972. I just found the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Going to Legoland with Binoculars...

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote: <snip> (...) <snip2> Gary, it is SO good to have you back!! You are truly an expert in Lego windows through the ages. :-) JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Going to Legoland with Binoculars...

(...) I think Peeron only lists the first production year of a set. It is very likely that certain sets were produced a few more years in a row, and even include newer versions of certain parts in later production runs. And yes, I do like these (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Going to Legoland with Binoculars...

(...) Gary, 1x4x2 windows are definitely out of production ((URL) are available only in white, other colors are out of production. Don't know about 1x3x2, but I'd think it's not available too. (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)