 General / 47835
Re: AFOL records is up and running!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2004 19:10:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Gray wrote:
Well, that's certainly a taller structure. But I would think that
skyscrapers were a common enough thing that someone would have one of
those that's taller.

Taller than 12 feet?  Possible, but doubtful.  How many people would have enough
ceiling height to display it fully assembled?  Eric had to take it out into his
carport just to take photos of the complete structure, and it appears to have
just barely cleared the ceiling.  If I was building something like that for
personal enjoyment, I'd want to be able to actually set it up in my home so I
could look at it whenever I felt like it, or show it off to visiting
friends/family.  I'd be surprised if there are any structures taller than 12'
that have not been built through the LEGO Master Builder program.