 General / 4674
Re: a few 8448s soon available in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:11:31 GMT

   Has anyone received the 8448 yet?  Or just the back order slip?

no... but i got a second back order slip saying that it will be available
at the end of August (instead of end of June)...

This does not look good... :(

I got a second backorder letter last week; the wording sounds as though
there is further delay (because it is worded very similar to the first
one), but the date is still 6/29. Maybe there are staggered shipments
after all (I placed only the second order), just later than initially
announced. (Maybe early rush orders, to pacify the freaks who'd
want it even if it was nothing but flex hoses, corr. tubes, and
incompatible-to-anything-but-tubes odd-shaped wavy pieces? :)

I just noticed the flexible axles used in the 'body' cage;
should one consider it possible that the rear suspension drive axles
(or even the front tie rods) were cheaped out by using those?

-gbr