 General / 4091
Re: a few 8448s soon available in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 18:14:19 GMT

G. Benedikt Rochow <rochogb@eng.auburn.removethis.edu> wrote in message
news:FBKv91.8L6@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Alex Wetmore writes:
Any idea on # of pieces?

According to
http://www.lego.com/catalog/amr/product.asp?number=8448
it has 1408 parts. So, it again has the largest piece count of any Technic • set
ever (and the largest current piece count overall if the MT semi-tractor • is
indeed discontinued).

At $139 it also keeps the price (just) under 10 cents per piece ($US), which
I think is pretty reasonable (at least compared to other current sets).

I just noticed on
http://www.lego.com/catalog/amr/product.asp?number=8445
that those 8440-style wheels now get the flat-alloy coating, too.

Wow, didn't notice that there was a new 8445 set.  8446 looks new (to me) as
well.

alex