 General / 4065
Re: a few 8448s soon available in US - was Re: found 8448 pictures with gear lever view...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 22:03:24 GMT

Any idea on # of pieces?

alex

G. Benedikt Rochow <rochogb@eng.auburn.removethis.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Adrian Egli writes:
?G. Benedikt Rochow ?rochogb@eng.auburn.removethis.edu? wrote in message
?news:FBBv7K.5tF@lugnet.com...
??
??
?? http://www.ansuz.demon.co.uk/Lego/supercar.htm
?.
?? Hmm. So when's 8448 being released, again?
??
?? -gbr

According to S@H (US), they'll get a shipment of ~200 (or was that <200?)
units at the end of this month; they are taking back-orders starting • today.
$139.
(BTW, if much of the punctuation above comes out as question marks,
  it's a new malfunction in my netscrape installation. No idea why...)

I just backordered mine and was told there was one backordered already.
I wonder for whom. (And I wonder just what percentage of that initial
shipment will be ordered based on this announcement, as opposed to folks
getting one of those small technic catalogs and calling in hopes
of early availability.)

-gbr