 General / 46176
  Moontruck

Most of my lego agenda: -Unpack from PDX -make a moontruck -design and build a new ship -keep up with the P-38 contest -answer a lot of email -make this post -post the new ship -update the moonbase page etc.. When I got back from PDX I worked on (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Moontruck

(...) To prove just how much weight and just how stupid I am I made another movie with my giant ancient sony DSC-S50 camera *on* the moontruck: (URL) It didn't do so well on the ramp but you get the idea. You can actually here the moontruck still (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) What's the underlying technology here? 9V battery box and motor? The rtlToronto guys did something like this for their peoplemover a while back. Glad to hear it's powerful! (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) LOL!! for anybody watching, you have to have the sound on... from the sound of the camera hitting the empty can to the sound of the camera falling on the ground, it's pretty funny! (or I just amuse easily..last week was a pretty trying week at (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) It looks like it drove past a can of this: (URL) (...) That's poetry in motion, j0n. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) THAT was beautiful. Can't wait for instructions. :) /me recoils as a motorized hot dog zooms by. Hoyeah! Gorgeous! --Ryan W. (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) hmmmm....that was Derek Raycraft who built the people mover. (he brought it for rtl12: Blockstacking Reloaded) I have proof: (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) and too ugly. The goal was to get a bar code controller into it, which I did. Unfortunately it added to much to the too big and too ugly factors. It did however allow me to stop the train at station platforms, have it delay and then take off (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) Ditto that, Scott. There's no substitute for a cool soundtrack, and this one has the sound that money can't buy. Nice job Jon. I can't wait to see the design details. Peace and dolly shots, Professor Whateverly (URL) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) One significant compatibility problem that I see right away is that the Moonway ramp sections rise in 4-brick increments, which means you'd have to string five ramps together to match the 10-brick floor increment of the Moonbase standard (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) Did these ever get put up? I can't find them, and I'm more than a little curious. Moontruck/Ditchtrain plans, anyone? Suggestions? (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Moontruck

(...) I'll be getting to it as soon as I'm in an LDraw frame of mind again. Promise. It works really well. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.space)