 General / 46176
46175  |  46177
Subject:
Moontruck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:21:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Most of my lego agenda:

-Unpack from PDX

-make a moontruck

-design and build a new ship

-keep up with the P-38 contest

-answer a lot of email

-make this post

-post the new ship

-update the moonbase page

etc..

When I got back from PDX I worked on this for about a week. It’s not totally ready and right now I’m working on a new ship but it seemed like a good time to show you this.

Racetrack (Moonway) is going to be a vital new part of Moonbase. It looks great on a layout, is easy to set up, meshes well with modules, monorail and train tack.

We basically have 3 options for Moonway:

-Pullback motor rovers. These are basic but can be really fun. They’re *very* fast and were a lot of fun in Portland.

-Capacitor motors. A few people have these from the new race track set. They’ll make good rovers also.

-And the moontruck...

http://asphodel.org/images/moontruck00.mpg

I’ll make instructions for the core engine build and put them on the moonbase site. It’s fast, low/small, goes up and down ramps and can push and pull *a lot* of weight.

One of the issues (I’m also all for adding your rail ideas, Lenny) that’s going to be adressed in the new moonbase site update is moonway/railway track clearance. We will have all of this nailed down very soon. Future moonbases will will be set up, have 3 different track types thrown down and motorized vehicles running on them without a problem.

Let me know what you think. I’ll start in on the moonbase page as soon as I have a little more work done on this jade empire MOC.

   [ j o n ]
zemi.net
moonbase