 Space / 31817
Re: Moontruck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:39:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer wrote:
   -And the moontruck...

http://asphodel.org/images/moontruck00.mpg

I’ll make instructions for the core engine build and put them on the moonbase site. It’s fast, low/small, goes up and down ramps and can push and pull *a lot* of weight.

One of the issues (I’m also all for adding your rail ideas, Lenny) that’s going to be adressed in the new moonbase site update is moonway/railway track clearance. We will have all of this nailed down very soon. Future moonbases will will be set up, have 3 different track types thrown down and motorized vehicles running on them without a problem.

One significant compatibility problem that I see right away is that the Moonway ramp sections rise in 4-brick increments, which means you’d have to string five ramps together to match the 10-brick floor increment of the Moonbase standard (which perfectly matches the Monorail ramp rise).

   Let me know what you think. I’ll start in on the moonbase page as soon as I have a little more work done on this jade empire MOC.

Since the movie is no longer online to work from, can we at least get a little general info on your Moontruck dimensions? Length, height, width, and wheel spacing would be a good start.