 Space / 31729
Re: Moontruck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:00:10 GMT

Benjamin Medinets wrote:
hmmmm....that was Derek Raycraft who built the people mover.  (he brought it
for rtl12: Blockstacking Reloaded)

I have proof:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/medib/rtl13bsr/pmove1.jpg

Yes, that is mine.  This wasn't a very good design, too big, too slow
and too ugly.  The goal was to get a bar code controller into it, which
I did.  Unfortunately it added to much to the too big and too ugly
factors.  It did however allow me to stop the train at station
platforms, have it delay and then take off again.

I've created a new one with smaller cars, but runs off a 9v battery.
Our new train layout will have a dog bone run of racer track for it to
run on.  Sorry no pictures yet.

I haven't been too concerned about going up and down racer hills,  They
are too steep to be realistic for train layouts so I've just ignored
them.  I have been working on getting mine to run smoothly through the Ys.

The one running around in the mpg is quite impressive how fast it is.
And definitely has lots of power to drive it up the hills like that.
I'd be interested in knowing more about how it's built.

Derek