 General / 46142
Re: What's Your Favorite LEGO Theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 02:59:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Bush wrote:
What's your favorite Lego theme and Why?

Oh, BIONICLE, without a doubt.  There's a certain organic versatility to the
pieces that opens up a completely different realm of possibility than square
bricks do.  Prior to the release of BIONICLE, I've never once picked up a piece
and been inspired to build an entire MOC around it just to see how that one
piece looks in that capacity.  At least two of my most popular MOCs were built
for just that reason.

What is your favorite Lego part and Why?

The Bohrok eye, which I've found extremely useful in situations where it was
strictly functional or purely decorative, and often both.  It's also one of the
few TECHNIC pieces that has been made in a wide variety of transparent colors (8
that I know of for sure, and I think I saw a ninth at Toy Fair).  I just wish it
was available in a wider variety of opaque colors (I can only think of 7) and
more widely available in trans-purple.  Trans-yellow would be nice too,
especially for Blacktronicle stuff.