 General / 4581
Re: Lego Apache?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 18:13:36 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

That sounds cool.  You should make sure to publish images of that when
it's finished.

Of course ... I, er ... my wife just got a new camera (non-digital) and
hopefully I can get some good pics of it ...

Oh, and by the way, you have seen these large Technic helicopters,
right?

    http://homepages.tesco.net/~andrew.bissell/APACHE.HTM
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~andrew.bissell/STEVE.HTM

I haven't run across these before ... thanks for the links.  They're
pretty
cool.

And Leo Dorst's helicopter rotor is a good inspiration as well:

    http://carol.wins.uva.nl/~leo/lego/rotor.html

Fredrik

I'm planning to use an adaptation of this design for my model.

I also plan on motorizing the model, though, I fear that it might
overpower
a single motor.  What would be really nice, would be to have a switch that

would sweep a voltage over a range ...

+ ...... 0 ...... -  (so full + would be +9 volts, 0 would be 0 volts
(duh) and
- would be -9 volts.  And in halfway between + and 0 would be +4.5 volts,
etc.  That way you could have a tail rotor that would have a fixed pitch,
and
vary the voltage to control your yaw)

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc