 General / 4556
Re: Old Lego colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:11:30 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

In Europe at the same time, the 700 series of sets was being produced (700/0,
700/1, 700/3, 700/3a, etc..).  These sets also had predominately white and red
bricks.  I have a very rare set 712 (German wooden box gift set), that has only
blue and yellow bricks (including macaroni and the early 1x1 rounds) with white
windows.  This early 1960's set was rare in that it deviated from the white/red
rule of LEGO from that period.

When black bricks first came out in 1962, I remember very few were available in
basic sets of the time.  The only way I remember being able to get large
quantities of them as a child, was in parts packs.

Hope this kind of helps understand why certain colors were not that common in
the early years.

Gary Istok

This may explain why my black bricks with the old font generally grips better ans
are less misshaped than my red and white ones. Maybe... :/

/Tore