 General / 4120
Re: Old Lego colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 03:05:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
Gary's question about the red stripe reminded me of something. Take a
look at those pics of the old sets: note the preponderance of red and
white, and then yellow. My memories of my childhood lego in the
60's/early 70's are that the blue bricks we had were *special*, rare,
and newer than the rest and even more so the black ones. Did Lego
originally start with just red and white, or red/white/yellow, and add
blue and black later?

My early 70s of Lego were that red, white & blue were common, whereas black &
yellow were rare, and other colors unheard of, except for green trees and
baseplates. I think I had a few grey bricks of some kind, but they did not
become at all common until the advent of space Lego in 1978. So one can see
that TLG has certainly ramped up its increase of new colors in the last few
years.

- chris