 General / 4169
Re: Old Lego colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 19:23:25 GMT

I remember back in about 1970 when I inherited my sister's old Lego,
there were lots of red and white basic bricks. I also recall there were
some pinkish bricks. I recall being puzzled about them, and assuming
they were incredibly old bricks that had worn out. They were all basic
bricks - 2 x whatever ones - no 1 x whatever bricks. And they were very
loose, if you turned them upsidedown your model would fall to bits straight
away.

Any ideas?  (NB. this is in the UK)

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

I think that's right. My old lego had no colored plates of any size, but
we did have white plates (with square holes underneath) in 4x8, 6x8
(just one) and 2x8. There were also some 4x8 with curved corners. I used
to think there were smaller white plates too, but when I came to look at
them closely recently, I realised that they were 2x8's cut up carefully
with a fine saw - my Dad probably did it for us.

Kevin