 General / 44104
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:37:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:
I would also hope that Jake realizes we are not mad at him, but mad at some
immense BONEHEADS in TLG that must have custom-picked their focus groups from the
nearest mental hospitals.

Nah, the only boneheads are the accountants that decided to switch plastic
suppliers.  I too have not posted in a few years (well, maybe a cad posting
now and then).

I'd like to point out that when I was 10, I had two shoeboxes of lego.
One had the 20-some grey pieces from set 6861.  The other had everything
else.  Grey was just _that_ cool. It's a nice warm-feeling grey.

I remember when dark grey came out for the first time a _few_ years ago.
I was amazed at the brilliant choice to make it a brownish-grey, and how well it
fit into the landscape as compared to the other clone bricks (and I had tyco,
mega block, and a few others).

The change in light grey seems too subtle to care about, but does seem to
cheapen the product.  I filter MB bricks when building simply because the colors
are off just a little, and I'll do that with the new grey pieces.

The dark grey I won't miss as much.

I just hate the feel of the new plastic, like the dark-blue and dark-red.
It's slightly translucent, and feels loose.

I've given up mostly, and my money these days goes into MB Dragon sets.
I like the rounded "stone" bricks, and the black-washed bricks disguises
any color variation.

-gyug
Lugnet Member #9