 General / 4282
Re: what is the rarest piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 03:15:12 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:
Eric Brok wrote:
Mike Poindexter wrote in message ...

2 clear 2x2 base plates joined with a plastic tether about 4 studs long.
These are not plates, but base plates.

They are single-piece, flexible 'hinges' from the '70s (estimation), to
couple vehicles.

If what you are describing is what I think it is, it was made starting as
early as 1961 for the early LEGO wheels (red 2x2 or 4x4 wheels with grey
rubber and white 2x4 wheel housings).  And the piece is not really clear, but
a combination of clear and white, a sort of milky translusent white.

yes. I think it's the same color and the same plastic as the TV antenna
piece. Much more flexible than normal. I still have one. I destroyed one
by chewing on it, for some moronic reason, when I was about 13.

I recall that I got mine with my wheels packs, circa 1967.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.