 General / 4199
Re: what is the rarest piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 15:37:41 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
which lego element is the rarest?
some candidates might be: the flag from the old guarded inn castle set, the
flag from black falcons fortress.

I'll vote for the signpost in set 601 Gas Pump.  I have one, but it is broken
now.  :(

Jeff

What is the rarest piece..... wow, what a loaded question......

Here is what I would consider a random list of "regular" (not specialty unique
pieces) LEGO that is rare, and the colors that are considered rare (in
parenthesis):

RARE WINDOWS -- (Note: many of these came in train sets (some European only) from
the 1970's & 1980's):

1x1x1 (yellow, black), 1x1x2 (yellow, black), 1x2x1 (yellow, black), 1x2x2
(black, grey), 1x3x2 (blue), 1x6x3 (yellow), 1x4x5 (yellow), 1x6x5 (yellow,
brown, black, blue).

RARE SLOPES:

1x2x2 regular slope "1960's"  "L" apex brick (red, blue),  1x2x2 regular slope
inside corner (white), 2x2x3 steep slope (yellow), 2x2x3 steep slope convex
corner (yellow).

RARE ARCHES:

1x5x4 half arch (red, yellow).

RARE ROUND BRICKS:

1x1 (clear).
1x1 minifig head size- old style... with "LEGO" on stud (red, black, clear,
yellow clear).
2x2 macaroni (clear)

RARE PLATES:

2x2 (clear)
2x3 (clear)
2x4 (clear)

RARE BRICKS:

1x6 (clear)
1x8 (clear)

And then there are the 1,000 specialty pieces that are rare....

Gary Istok