 General / 42377
Re: Mega Bloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 19:15:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Canales wrote:
REALLY?!?!?! AHH TIGHT!!! Will they have skating???

     Currently it's just freestyle/vert skateboarding and big air/cross
race/half-pipe snowboarding.  No downhill skateboarding, no street luge, no BMX,
no Motorcross, no inline skating, no wakeboarding...and I can't remember if
there's anything else that gets covered in GG, but I have a feeling I missed at
least one thing.

If they do, I hope they get Takeshi Yasutoko and Eito Yasutoko!!!

     If they do go with inline skating, I expect they'll only sign on one person
for that sub-theme.  Bob Burnquist is the _only_ skateboarder signed on for this
deal, even though Andy Mac has been promoting the Bionicle line for two years.
Anyways, between the two, I think Takeshi would probably be their first choice,
but that's not to say that they wouldn't be more interested in talking to some
other inline skater first.  And even if they did talk to the Yasutoko's, there's
no guarantee that they'd be interested.  Of course, they'd need to design an
inline skate for the minifigs before they could even produce any sets.