 General / 42084
Re: Mega Bloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 18:25:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera writes:
They look alike but I would NOT say it's a total copy.

Yeah, you're right. When you posted this I checked back, (I hadn't seen
Lego.com in a while, I just posted out of memory, It seems they got a new
layout for the frontpage) And I saw the differences.

I'm not defending MegaBlok but you have to give them some credit.

Yep.

They got some really NICE themes that I wish LEGO would make.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I want the goo from Alien Agency, DRAGONS are
cool too!

Their military stuff is ok.

Lock Blockz's (I think that's what they're called...) military stuff is
cooler :) but falls apart WAY easier.

Their DRAGON minifigs ROCK!

Yea, I got the NBA slam dunk thing for Easter, it's okay. My brother got the
Mega Bloks green dragon and a ballista (it's too bad the dragon stone thing
doesn't stay on) and they are much nicer. Also in February my brother and I
each got a battle chest, and those minifigs are really cool. The weapons are
awesome.

It's too bad they are such low-qualitfy plastic. =(

Yep.

That new Alien stuff is perrty cool for kids as well.  Much better than the
NBA stuff we got from LEGO. =(

Yeah, I want the goo! The NBA things are okay, those pro-minifig packs are a
total rip-off. $5 for 3 minifigs! Plus they are printed! (I wish the
numbers/names were stickers, 'cause I could get Shaq back on the Orlando
Magic, then he and McGrady could kick butt!
Matt C.