 General / 41233
  New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

Okay, so the other day I was packing up a few projects including my recent dragon for safekeeping, when suddenly a thought crossed my mind. (maybe I should just tear this thing apart for the pieces.) Of course, I shrugged off the thoguht and decided (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

The survey is worded: "do you keep it together, or scrap it for pieces?" The possible answers are Yes and No. I'm not really sure how we're supposed to answer. Someone could answer for either the keep-it-together half of the question or the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

(...) Ignoring the flawed poll question, and jumping straight to the comments... I do always scrap my MOCS for pieces, although it often takes a while. I think that's one of the major beauties of building with LEGO rather than other media... you can (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

(...) I'm with David. I don't know what "yes" means. The better answers might have been - I never build MOCS so the poll doesn't apply to me - Keep them together - scrap them for parts - Keep them together for some significant period then scrap them (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

I tend to scrap as soon as I get pictures taken. I hold onto things for a little while if I think I'll be able to make it to a LUG meeting, but I've only been to a couple of these. There are a few exceptions that I've kept together on display. These (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

Well! I see that the meticulousness of this hobby often transfers into other areas. While I agree that the question cannot be answered with a simple yes or no, I understand it and would like to offer my comments. I've had three medium-size MOC's (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HAvB9B.9qp@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) if (...) irrevocableness (...) try. (...) sense? Lar (and others) did bring up a good point. I certainly cannot give a straight yes or no (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

Some I keep, but mosty the survive only for a while bacause 1) I need the pieces for something else 2) would require roo much space (and money ref 1) 3) lego is for rebuilding :-) ) Only a very few models I have made do still exist. And they go (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

(...) I didn't vote in your poll because of the aforementioned flaws (neither of those choices fits what I do). Depending on the size and complexity of the MOC, I may or may not take it apart. I have some, like Marvin the Martian, that I've had (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

(...) Geez, I knew it! Another poll of mine torn apart because of the wording. I'm not going to sit here and waste my time with more lecturing on poll etiquette, so forget about it and move on. The better answers might have (...) Okay, I don't see (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

(...) All because you didn't trial run it first. But I have to ask, more fundamentally... Why even have a poll at all? the answers we've seen so far seem open ended, every person that's posted in response has had a quite interesting story about how (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?

(...) As is your speeling 8?) FWIW, I also can't answer Matt's poll, as my answer would be "yes and no" for instance I still have all my minifig scale cranes, but larger MOCs (e.g. my big bridge) I just can't afford to keep. ROSCO (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)