 General / 39972
Re: LUGNET logo products at CafePress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:45:06 GMT

You know, it's facinating to see what has value to people.  I saw this stuff
and thought, COOL!!!  I got my LUGNET teddy bear en-route.  It was $21.50
after s/h.  For me, I think this was a great price.  It's not as if I'm
going to find this stuff anywhere else, and I know a certain amount of this
is going back to help LUGNET work.  Cool item, makes me feel good, what
could be better?
But I'm off tangent, my wife does spiritual councilling.  Her rates are
about to go up at the first of the year, from $65/hr to $100/hr.  When she
started her rates were $45/hr. (four years ago)  But response from her
customers is interesting.  Some clients thought she was underpriced, and
would give her a tip which made the $100 bucks and hour.  Others complained
that the cost was too much.  (interestingly enough, opinions were roughly
equal)  So, I think that people really just put a value on stuff that they
use.  It's kind of fun to see what that value is in real terms.
For example, I had no problem getting the bear, but I probably wouldn't get
the shirt.  (I got lots of shirts, I got no LUGNET bears)  I may get a mug
or one of the steel travel cups.  Maybe a sweatshirt.  As long as the
product has a usefulness or quality that I desire, the price becomes more
reasonable.  See?  Funny, isn't it?

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Cool shirt, but as has been mentioned before, $16,- for a plain white shirt
with a little logo is a rip-off. Let me know when they drop to $6,- as
shirt...

Duq

BTW, I don't think $16 is a rip off.  $6 would be severely undercut.  $12
would be very reasonable, if (let me stress this, IF) whomever was doing the
shirt work was charitable and didn't mind working at a loss.  Meaning
donating their time and energy so that the consumer could have a cheap shirt.
Now if LUGNET was expecting to sell, say over 10,000 units maybe $12 or less
may be realistic.  But I don't think that LUGNET is expecing that kind of
volume.  We are paying for a specialty item.  Specialty items tend to cost more.

Mark